Growing lighting design firm is looking for a CAD/Revit draftsperson to join our team in our Auburndale, Florida studios.
We need a highly motivated and enthusiastic team player with spectacular attention to detail to help with a wide variety of ongoing internationally recognized projects. You’ll be involved with projects first hand and will help us create and produce all of the design work for our clients. This will also include reviewing your and other's work for accuracy and standards compliance. Depending upon skill level and interest, you could also be involved with on-site work, including site reviews, lighting equipment focus, and programming. Our designers will count on you to generally contribute to our projects, so if you’re interested in all aspects of lighting, this job is for you! It should be noted, however, that lighting experience is not a requirement for this position.
The position is based at our main studios in Auburndale, Florida, so most of your time will be spent there. This job could also include up to 15% domestic and international travel.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter that states the basis of your interest in the position and outlines the specific skills that you would bring to the firm. If you have an online portfolio with samples of your work please share it with us! Work samples are not a requirement to apply.
* Motivated, eager to learn, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented
* Minimum of 1-2 years of experience (that experience can include education)
* Theatrical lighting background is a plus
* Interest in and knowledge of theme parks and their operations is a plus
* Ability to communicate effectively with excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple projects
* Ability to easily adapt to change
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
* Ability to work nights and weekends as needed, while we work hard not to have this happen, at rare times project deadlines may require this
* Ability to use CAD programs such as Revit, AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks
* Proficiency in Revit a plus
About Point of Light
At Point of Light, we light fun. We are internationally known for lighting the world’s most spectacular themed entertainment destinations. From our studios in Central Florida and Chicago, we design world-class lighting to perfectly complement architecture, interiors, media, and scenery for clients around the world. We pride ourselves on employing some of the most talented designers, programmers, and technicians in the business and we always strive to provide the best team tailored to meet the unique needs to each project