Attraction Design and Production, Creative Design and Development, Venue Design and Development
Business Development Manager
Want to work for the world’s leader in play design and equipment manufacturing? Do you have business-to-business sales experience, a consultative sales approach and have a desire to sell PLAYGROUNDS?! We're looking for hunters that want to delve in to new markets. This role will collaborate with designers, architects, and other professionals to design and fabricate the perfect play area to meet their needs and inspire today's children. Kids' imaginations run wild as they play on our elements - from dinosaurs to giant pancakes to pirate ships - our creative team can do it all.
PlayPower, Inc. is the market leader in the play area industry. We market, design, manufacture and install custom play areas in many different market segments. With thousands of installations worldwide, our highly diversified customer base provides stability and the ability to maintain high output design and manufacturing operations.
Our mission is to have fun and grow while positively impacting kids, families and businesses through the experience we create with our innovative play area products. We are always looking for people who want to have fun and make the world measurably better one play area at time.
Develops and implements growth-oriented sales strategies for the indoor play business primarily in the Amusement, Attractions, and Themed Environment segments. This position will focus on business development for the Soft Play brand, but could also include facilitating sales of other PlayPower brands to provide a turnkey package to target customers. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for attaining specific growth plans to meet or exceed the sales targets established for the Soft Play brand. This role does not have direct reports and is an individual contributor role.
• Develops and recommends 3-5 year sales strategies to achieve sales targets for Soft Play business in assigned segments.
• Provides relevant industry and product trend information along with recommendations to the product manager to help ensure the company is aligned and supporting segment sales strategies.
• Develop and implement strategic sale plans to accommodate growth goals. Includes but is not limited to networking, cold calling, web lead follow-up, trade show attendance, advertising, or other forms to generate new prospects.
• Develops relationships with various industry influencers such as entertainment/attractions/mall design companies, architects, consultants, trade associations, developers, and others.
• Develop sales & relationships with potential individual customers and multi-unit key accounts.
• Plans persuasive sales approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
• Independently develop and deliver sales presentation to generate business.
• Prepare sales forecasts, provide market and competitive intelligence as requested.
• Make recommendations and develops channel partners to expand sales.
• As assigned
• Travel throughout the United States of up to 50%
• Competitive base salary + commissions
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Company paid life insurance, long term disability and short term disability
• Paid vacation (12 days/year) and holidays (11 holidays/year)
• 401(K) plan with company match
• Fun, results-oriented work environment
No phone inquiries please.
PlayPower offers a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to, paid time off, health insurance and 401(K) for full-time positions. Qualified candidates only. Please apply through our website at www.playpower.com and click on careers. Although we appreciate all interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Reference checks and pre-employment drug testing will be conducted.
PlayPower is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
Ideal Candidate profile:
• 7 or more years of related B2B experience in similar roles with a track record of delivering superior results within in one or more of the target segments both individually and as a team member (required).
• Bachelors degree in sales, marketing, design, or architecture (required).
• Ability to read and understand blueprints (preferred).
• Must have strong English proficiency (written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills).
• Other foreign language skills (preferred).
• Experience with concept sales for big ticket purchases. Sales background and relationships with shopping malls, entertainment, leisure, and/or amusement attractions a plus.
• Demonstrated ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale.
• Must have ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive base salary, depending on experience + commissions
Families that play together stay together. At PlayPower, we’re a family of brands dedicated to enabling people of all ages to experience the power of play. Together we’re a world leader in producing premier recreation equipment, from commercial playgrounds to floating boat docks. Play engages and inspires by bringing fun and laughter to children and adults every day. Explore the many ways PlayPower brands, and our over 500 consultants throughout the world, can help you create your ideal recreational area.